Friday, November 20, 2015

Hello, again!

So much for my comments! Well, I am not sure if I'll keep commenting on here, but we'll see. I really think the proper blog idea might be a better one. 

Anyhow, some things have happened in my life since December 2013 (when I last posted on here). One child had been attending college, but isn't anymore. Two others are attending college. The oldest is engaged, which I think happened in 2014, but I honestly don't remember (good job, mom). My husband changed jobs (the same company, but a different position). I decided to go back to college (something I had always wanted to do, even if just to prove to myself that I could), and I have all As (well, one A-, ahem). And, my exhusband- my oldest children's biological father- died in August of this year. That was a shock, and very hard (and sometimes, it still hits me). There are things in this world that you just don't expect (at least, earlier in your life), and that was one of them.

I also feel compelled to share that- outside of parenting my children, which is my greatest love, and most important job- I do feel that I might be sensing what I am meant to do, outside of my family unit. I feel as if I am supposed to help people, and I specifically feel drawn to immigrants. I felt this several months ago, and then recently- with all the discussion about Syrians- I felt the pull again. I don't know what it means, exactly, but I know there is something I am supposed to do, at some point, and it's trying to show itself to me. It just hasn't hit me yet, but when I am in my History of Religion class I have a sort of buzz in my body that tells me that I am in the exact right class and exact right place, right at that moment. Has anyone else- whoever actually might be reading this- ever had that feeling? 

OK, we'll see if I remember to post here again.

Cara

No comments:

Post a Comment